Are you planning to buy Dansko shoes but worry about how to break them in? It might feel like there’s no good way to get them broken in fast enough before wearing them out of the house.
But you don’t have to worry – there are several ways you can help break in your new Dansko shoes quickly and easily, so you can get out of the house with your new kicks as soon as possible!
This article will discuss different methods to help you break in your new Dansko shoes!
Do You Have To Break In Dansko Shoes?
It might take time to break in the shoes. But it will not be that painful since they are well-made. The break-in period is only needed for the leather to give and flex as you walk. But if they still feel uncomfortable after a while, you can return them or exchange them for another pair.
8 Methods On How Do You Break In Dansko Shoes?
This blog can read the best ways to break in Dansko Shoes. You don’t have to worry about not being able to wear your favorite pair of shoes. My 8 simple methods will have your Dansko Shoes feeling like a new pair of shoes. It will only take you 5 minutes or less to learn how to break in Dansko Shoes comfortably!
Method 1: Go For A Walk
The best way to break in your new Dansko shoes is to go for a walk. Find a smooth, flat surface like a sidewalk or trail, and walk around at a comfortable pace for about 20 minutes. You can even use them to run errands if you’d like!
Method 2: Wear Something With Thicker Socks
- Step 1: Wear something with thick socks.
- Step 2: Sit down and put your foot inside the shoe.
- Step 3: Let your footrest comfortably inside the shoe and walk around for a few minutes.
- Step 4: Repeat if necessary.
Method 3: Wear Them Around The House
- Wear your Dansko shoes around the house while doing chores or working on the computer.
- Walk on a carpeted surface to minimize the impact on your feet.
- Walk around for at least 20 minutes, but don’t walk around for too long and risk blisters.
- Repeat this process multiple times over a few days to break in your Dansko shoes quickly and efficiently.
Method 4: Take It Slow
The best way to break in is to make it a slow process. You can start with a simple “test shot,” then work up to more complicated shots. And remember that your customers are picky about their footwear, too, so you’re going to have to get used to their preferences and what makes them comfortable.
Start with something simple. Maybe a few different pairs of shoes on the same foot, or even one pair of shoes and one sock on the same foot (maybe it’s the sock in question). Most people don’t think twice about these shots — they’re just what you’re looking for when you’re breaking into a new product line (or shoe line).
Method 5: Take A Footbath
If none of the other methods work for you, your Danskos may be too small for your feet. If that’s the case, don’t worry! Many people experience this when they first get their Dansko shoes. In the past, I have even gone up a half size to allow for a bit of growth and to give myself enough room.
Sometimes it’s just not possible, though. If this is your reality, you can try taking a footbath in warm water to stretch out the leather. But make sure you don’t soak them thoroughly through (which will cause them to shrink), and only do it a little at a time so that you don’t end up with shoes that are too big.
Method 6: Use These Home Remedies For Shoe Stretching
If your Dansko’s are new and feel very stiff, it may be possible to stretch out the shoe with a few simple techniques.
Place 2 or 3 golf balls inside the shoes. Because Dansko’s have a roomy toe box, there should be plenty of room for the balls.
Put your Dansko’s on and walk around for 30 minutes. The golf balls will help stretch out the shoe as you walk.
After 30 minutes, remove the golf balls from the shoe and allow time for the fabric to relax before putting them back on.
Method 7: Freezing The Shoes
- Fill a plastic bag with water.
- Place a shoe inside the bag and tie it closed.
- Place the shoes in the freezer overnight.
- Remove the shoes from the freezer when they are completely frozen (after approximately 12 hours).
- Allow your shoes to thaw for 15-20 minutes at room temperature.
Method 8: Using A Shoe Stretcher
- Buy a shoe stretcher online or at a local store that specializes in footwear.
- Put on the pair of shoes you want to stretch out.
- Insert the shoe stretcher into the shoe and tighten it until you feel resistance but not pain.
- Keep the stretcher in your shoe overnight or for 24 hours.
Method 9: Apply Heat to the Shoes
Heat is one of the most effective ways to break in a pair of rigid leather shoes. Here are some common ways to use heat to stretch your clogs and other shoes:
- Apply a hot water compress.
- Using a hairdryer.
- Use a shoe stretcher.
- Steam the shoe with an iron. (Don’t apply any steam directly to the shoe.)
Overall, there is no magic formula to walking in Danskos. Break them in slowly, and you’ll probably have a more comfortable pair of shoes. Also, take care of your Dansko clogs so you can proudly wear them for the next twenty years.
Article you might like: